The Cisco UCS C240 M5 rack server is well-suited for a wide range of enterprise workloads, including:
- Big data and analytics
- Small and medium-sized business databases
- Virtualization and consolidation
- Storage servers
- High-performance appliances
C240 M5 servers can be deployed as standalone servers or in a Cisco UCS managed environment. When used in combination with Cisco UCS Manager, the C240 M5 brings the power and automation of unified computing to enterprise applications, including Cisco® SingleConnect technology, drastically reducing switching and cabling requirements.
Cisco UCS Manager uses service profiles, templates, and policy-based management to enable rapid deployment and help ensure deployment consistency. If also enables end-to-end server visibility, management, and control in both virtualized and bare-metal environments.
The Cisco Integrated Management Controller (IMC) delivers comprehensive out-of-band server management with support for many industry standards, including:
- Redfish Version 1.01 (v1.01)
- Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) v2.0
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) v2 and v3
- Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)
- Key Management Interoperability Protocol (KMIP)
- HTML5 GUI
- HTML5 virtual Keyboard, Video, and Mouse (vKVM)
- Command-Line Interface (CLI)
- XML API
Management Software Development Kits (SDKs) and DevOps integrations exist for Python, Microsoft PowerShell, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, and more. For more information about integrations, see Cisco DevNet.
The C240 M5 is Cisco Intersight™ ready. Cisco Intersight is a new cloud-based management platform that uses analytics to deliver proactive automation and support. By combining intelligence with automated actions, you can reduce costs dramatically and resolve issues more quickly.